Lynette's 50th Birthday - again!

It's my older sister's birthday and although we had a small get together for her 50th, my Dad felt she really needed to have a 50th celebration. So this year on her birthday, we decided to celebrate the 50th, again! Months in the making, we decided to do this as a surprise party. She really likes Olive Garden and often meets Mom and/or Dad here for lunch, so setting up a lunch was pretty easy. 

Can't wait to surprise her! 

She really LOVES lemon. This must be a genetic trait. We all seem to possess the love for all things lemon. So, I made her triple lemon cupcakes. A lemon cake, filled with a fresh lemon curd and frosted with a lemon buttercream. It doesn't get more lemon than this! 

My family wasn't taking pictures of this grand affair, so I took it upon myself to get everyone in pictures via selfies!! So yes, I'm in every picture!! But hey, at least I got pics of everyone! 

I'm with my younger sister Heather. 

and with my Dad. Looking good for 83!!

And my middle older sister Julie! Yeah, ask me to explain that one! haha

My nephew Alan. He took the day off of work, but Lynette didn't know. He left home at the usual time and did a great job of hiding the surprise! 

Surprise!! She said she was getting wind of something happening since I said I would come out front to meet her. She thought that was strange. You can't get much by Lynette, she is quick and figures everything out. But I think she was still surprised! Also in Attendance was Becky Akin, her boyfriend  and Dad's girlfriend Gloria Hylton. 

Me and my Mom :-) 

Me and Mrs. Dodson. She was my PE teacher in High School.
It was great to see her. Glad she was able to come and join in the festivities. 

The Akins! Birthday girl Lynette, Mike and Alan. 

All of us girls with Mom

And Dad with 3 of his many girls. 

Comments